Trwydded Gwasanaeth Cyfyng Deledu ar gyfer Ddigwyddiad
For short term television coverage of a specific event at a specific location: Guidance Notes, Application Form & Standard Form Licences
1. These guidance notes are for the general guidance of applicants for Restricted Television Service Event (RTSL-E) licences who wish to provide television coverage of a specific event at that location.
2. The guidance notes provide an overview of the licensing process, the licensing requirements and the conditions that licensees are subject to, but do not purport to explain all the relevant provisions of the legislation, or give an exhaustive account of the licensing requirements or licence conditions. Applicants should seek their own legal advice for this purpose. The guidance notes cannot be taken as modifying the effect of the statutes or the conditions of the licence.
3. Ofcom is authorised to issue RTSL-Es under the Broadcasting Act 1990 as amended by the Broadcasting Act 1996 and the Communications Act 2003 (“the Broadcasting Act”). Ofcom has monitored the development of restricted television event services and in light of experience has from time to time revised its guidance notes for this type of service.
4. Should your application be successful, Ofcom will issue two licences; a Broadcasting Act licence for the content of your service and a WT Act licence for the use of the frequency channel.
5. The guidance notes, the application form, the standard form RTSL-E Broadcasting Act licence and the standard form RTSL-E Wireless Telegraphy Act (transmission) licence and further information about the range of television services that Ofcom licenses can be found on the Ofcom website, www.ofcom.org.uk, under Ofcom Licensing / Television Broadcast Licensing.
6. You can contact the Ofcom Television Broadcast Licensing team by email (firstname.lastname@example.org), phone (020 7783 4310) or fax (020 7981 3806). Please note, however, that application forms must be submitted in hard copy to:
Television Broadcast Licensing (5th Floor)
2a Southwark Bridge Road
7. Information is supplied on a wide range of matters in this document, many of which depend on interpretation of the law. The information provided is not an exhaustive account of the statutory and licensing requirements and should not be regarded as a complete and authoritative statement of the law. Nor does any information issued by Ofcom, whether in guidance notes or elsewhere, imply any judgement by Ofcom as to commercial prospects for the licences, or that licensed services will be profitable.
8. Persons to whom these guidance notes are made available must make their own independent assessment after taking their own professional advice and making such further investigations as they deem necessary on all relevant matters. Ofcom makes no representation or warranty, express or implied, with respect to information contained in these guidance notes (together with the standard form licence and other documents referred to in this document) or with respect to any written or oral information made or to be made available to any potential applicant or its professional advisers. Any liability therefore is expressly disclaimed.
9. It should be noted that applications are invited on the basis of the information set out in these guidance notes. The award of a licence shall not imply any warranty on the part of Ofcom as to the size or location of the area actually capable of receiving the licensed service.
10. Applicants should note that the issuing of a RTSL-E transmission licence does not imply a right beyond the term of the licence to continued use of the frequency for the provision of local television or specific event restricted television services.
11. When considering an application for a RTSL-E service, we will consider all relevant issues including the compliance record of the applicant as a previous licensee.
12. All applications will be considered on their merits.
13. Ofcom reserves the right to alter or correct any part of this document.
The full document is available below
Yn yr adran hon
Restricted Television Service Licence for an Event (RTSL-E) - Wireless Telegraphy Act transmission licence (83 kB)
Cysylltu â Ofcom
Os oes angen help arnoch gyda'ch trwydded, cysylltwch â Thîm Trwyddedu Darlledu Ofcom.
0300 123 3000 or 020 7981 3000
020 7981 3333
020 7981 3043